BSc (Agr), MSc, University of Guelph
PhD, Michigan State University
Career/ Work Experience
1971 to 2006
- Research Scientist (Weed Management) with Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada at the Greenhouse and Processing Crops Research Centre (GPCRC), in Harrow, Ontario. Research focussed on the control and management of a wide spectrum of annual and perennial weeds in Corn (Field, Sweet and Seed), Soybean, Edible Bean, Tomatoes, Tree Fruits, Sugar beets and from time to time, other vegetable crops.
- Authored and Co-authored over 100 peer reviewed scientific papers, and numerous miscellaneous reports / articles and technical reports.
2006 to Present
Co-partner in Hamill Enterprises focusing on consulting and research within the Agricultural Community. Appointed member of the Ontario Pesticide Advisory Committee.
- Weed Science Society of America member serving on various committees (as member or chair) and as Secretary, Vice President and President.
- Member, Canadian Weed Science Society and the Ontario Weed Committee serving on numerous committees.
- Member, International Weed Science Society
- Associate Faculty member of University of Guelph and University of Western Ontario